“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you want, declare what you imagine, then you obtain what you declared thru the power of your own creation” – George Bernard Shaw
Topics: Knowledge, Brain-Storm, new Experiences, Observe. Re-define the Problem, False Perceptions, Deadline, Incubate, Exercise, Messy Desk.
Are you a Creative Person? Most people who are leaders, designers, web masters, writers, etc, like to think they are. But the fact is – that we can all benefit from a boost to our creative juices.
They see new Creative Ideas. Those who are truly creative don’t copy what others do; instead, they might use innovative ideas from others as a springboard to come up with a unique application, product, or service for themselves. They tend to distance themselves from the competition rather than compete with them. If they see another company or person copying what they do, they create something new & better. In other words, they are able to leverage their creativity and their innovative capabilities to attain long-term success. So would you like to be more creative than you are right now? Here are 10 strategies for becoming more creative.
- The more Knowledge you have the more Creative Ideas you’ll see. Therefore, you need to continually expand your knowledge base. Keep up with your industry & profess + read things you don’t normally read – to develop a broader base.
- Brain-Storm ideas at the beginning of the creation process, then stop. Many times we come up with several ideas and start developing them. Then we come up with more ideas and aren’t sure which to start on. At some point you have to turn off the idea generation part of the process, pick the best one, develop & implement it – in order to complete the project. If it does achieve your Goals, look at #2 or # priority.
- Stimulate your Brain with new Experiences. Exposure puts more new ideas into your sub-conscious. Actively seek out new experiences to broaden your experience portfolio. And they will be recalled when needed. Look where others aren’t looking, to see what others aren’t seeing and you may be able to use it. Travel is another good way to stimulate your Creativity. You’re exposed to new cultures and may get an idea from it that use as-is or modify.
- Observe. Truly creative people have developed their ability to observe things and see better ways of doing things or possible new products. One Idea > leads > to another. One can trigger another. All of sudden, an idea forms and everything falls into place.
- Re-define the Problem. Your problem may not be the obvious problem that you see now. There be another problem that is the Root Cause. When you define the real problem, you can often solve it quickly and move on.
- False Perceptions may limit your creativity. Don’t immediately jump to conclusions. Defer conclusions until you have sufficient information to be confident you are accurate.
- The Challenge of Deadlines can increase our Creativity. If we don’t have timely goals, we could delay or not work as hard. Setting a tight goal is a challenge and means you’re less likely to be distracted. Then when you meet the goal, you’ll feel even more confident for the next project.
- Incubate. Let your ideas “incubate” by taking a break. When working on a project, one of the best things to do is to take a break from and take a short walk. It shifts the brain off the pressure of the project and allows innovative and creative ideas to flow. If you can, take a short Nap. It’ll totally clear your mind and when you wake up, you’ll be energized & motivated.
- Exercise can increase Creativity, by relieving stress and increasing blood flow to the brain. A healthy person doesn’t have the distraction of affliction. Therefore, their more creative & more productive.
- Don’t be too organized, because a Messy Desk can increase your Creativity. If you’re worried more about your Desk looking nice, then you wont be spending time to come up with ideas to meet your goals. Appearance is low on the scale. Coming up with creative ideas that solve problems is much more important. You should be so busy doing all the things above, that a neat Desk is low priority.
Conclusion: No matter what your expertise is or what industry you’re in, you can become a lot more creative in what you do. In fact, when you apply creativity to every aspect of your life or business, you are able to stay ahead of a changing conditions and the competition, and attain long-term success.
Comments: Do you have any other ideas of how to become more Creative?
from Linked IN 2013 & Fast Co 2017 integrated & enhanced by Peter/CXO