Summary of Benefits of Starting your own Business: Passion, Independence, Terrific Team, Opportunity for $$$, Personal Fulfillment, Master of your own Destiny + more below. Wiz4.biz
Startup Topics: Change, Experiences, Proud, Team, Network, Mentor, Improve, Expert, Recognition, Success, Brand, Independence, Time.
If you want to be an entrepreneur, you have heard the hundreds of reasons not to startup a business (too risky, become a workaholic go into debt, lose your family & social life and the list goes on & on. But even with all these uncertainties, people are still attracted to the startup world. There are just as many, if not more reasons to take the leap and go start your own business. Here are just a few:
- You can “Change the World”. Everyone knows that every entrepreneur says they’re going to “change the world”. Take a look at Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Sergey Brin, and the countless other entrepreneurs who really have changed the world in some small (or major) way – to see how they did it.
- have New & exciting Experiences. We, as humans, love new experiences, but rarely can you experience a host of new things on a 9-5 job. Starting your own business will ensure you’ll always be facing new challenges and experiences.
- be Proud of your Achievement. When you build something successful, it’s a great feeling. You had a Vision, were able to make it happen and now can enjoy the satisfaction of succeeding.”
- Build a Team you enjoy working with. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you’re responsible for the success of your employees. Your ideas provided them the opportunity to earn a living, provide for their family and fulfill their own dreams.
- Network. Entrepreneurs are communal creatures. We love to meet each other, swap stories, & learn from each other’s experiences. Your circle of friends & acquaintances always grows when you become an entrepreneur, as many Founders need others to advice to survive and talk about the challenges only known to them.
- Mentorship. Having Mentors and/or getting to be a Mentor can be – some of the best experiences of your life. Learning from the masters + getting to help those less experienced than you, gives you such a sense of satisfaction. Most Founders say: “The entrepreneurial community is very willing to give back & lend a helping hand to you”.
- develop new Skills. People will ask you, how you learned about SEO, Social Media, Pay-per-Click, PR and all the other marketing techniques you use. You probably had to learn them to survive. You may even have to learn how to build a Spreadsheet, balance a Budget, Negotiate and countless other skills, because there was no one else to do them. While developing new skills can be tough and take time, it’ll pay off when you hire someone else to do it and you want to know what’s happening in your company.
- always Improve. Everything you do as an entrepreneur will affect your personal life. Maybe you were poor adapting to changes. But being an entrepreneur will force you to become dedicated and determined to do the right thing. It probably will carry over into your personal life – being a better parent and spouse + the friends you make.
- Become an Expert. Regardless of what you do as an entrepreneur, if you succeed, you’ll become an expert. This gives you the credibility to share your experience, so use it. You’ll have the chance to be interviewed for your expertise, write about it and other ways to get to spread your message.
- get Recognition. There are literally thousands of local, regional & national awards that recognize entrepreneurs in every field & industry. It certainly is a great feeling when you receive this recognition.
- Have a success Story to tell. Whenever you tell someone you run my own business, they always want to know what you do, how you do it and how it’s going. You should always be ready to tell – a little or a lot about how you succeeded.
- Create your own Personal Brand. Being known for something is awfully enjoyable. People may start referring to you as a Successful Founder, a Marketing Maven, or Software Guru. Whatever it is you’re recognized as, it’s fun to build your brand and earn that recognition.
- 13. Give Back. While this isn’t exclusive to entrepreneurs, it’s definitely a rewarding benefit. You control where your company profits go – and if you choose – you can give allocate some your profits to help others. You can sponsor a charity, a non-profit or just personally give back to the community. Honestly, this is one of the best factors of being an entrepreneur.
- eventual Financial independence. Let’s be honest, this is probably the biggest reason people get into business for themselves. And that’s a good thing! You should want financial independence. However you define financial independence – retirement savings, unlimited cash potential or having the money to buy what you want. Entrepreneurship can allow you to achieve this. Money doesn’t buy happiness, but it does make finding happiness much easier, by giving you lots of choices of what you want.
- More Time to do what you want to. Initially you’ll work longer hours for less pay to get to break-even, but if you succeed, you could start to master your schedule and have the freedom to choose – which being an entrepreneur provides.
- What do “you” want? I’ve given you a list of benefits as a Startup. But all that really matters is your reason/s to start your own business. So, what is it? Put them in a priority order and review them periodically (ie, monthly, quarter) to see how you doing or want to change the priority.
Comments: Do you know any other Benefits from Starting a Business?
from Entrepreneur.com 5/18 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4.biz