Successful people are inquisitive people who ask the really hard questions of themselves. That’s how they got to be successful.
from INC Magazine 15 June 15 enhanced by Peter/CXO Wiz4biz
Why ask Questions? Most highly successful people got there by asking the right questions. People everyday have important choices to make. Many of these choices will be made automatically if the decisions are never actually considered. The default path more often than not leads away from success. Incredibly successful people understand that they control their own destiny and that the best way to do that is to ask themselves questions that reveal the right path they should be on. Here are the telling questions they ask regularly.
1. Should I be doing this? Many ambitious people (ie, leaders, entrepreneurs) are quick to jump on opportunities. Often they are too quick wasting time & energy on projects that will never be successful or bring reasonable return on effort invested. Incredibly successful people understand the precious value of time & resources. They know they can only do so much with what they have, so they look for reasons to use their time & resources wisely.
2. What is truly my Top Priority? A un-clear mind is un-productive. Each day, incredibly successful people figure out the main things they need to accomplish that day and focus their efforts on it. They take into consideration the competing circumstances – to make sure completion is favorable. If they are productive and finish the objective early in the day, they can look to the next priority.
3. Will this “approach” achieve my long-term Goals? Incredibly successful people want to achieve, not just dream, so they spend time deciding on a preferred future and set a plan to achieve it. They can then easily assess the day’s opportunities against the goal & the plan.
4. How can I be more Effective? There are many blocks to productivity. The biggest one is procrastination. Incredibly successful people always want to be more effective learners, thinkers, communicators, & leaders. They are focused on constant improvement. They leave “good enough” for everyone else.
5. Who else can Handle this? Major successes never happen in a vacuum. There are always dedicated and passionate people involved. They work as a Team to support the vision. Incredibly successful people cultivate these teams and “delegate”, so everyone is focused on his or her highest & best use.
6. How will I rest my Brain today? Physical work can be taxing, but hard brainwork takes its toll in physical, mental, & emotional ways. Incredibly successful people give their all mentally and need to regenerate constantly. They use relaxation techniques, “naps”, & meditation to make sure they have plenty of thinking power available – whenever it’s required.
7. Is this good for my Body? Physical complications can draw focus & energy from important efforts. Incredibly successful people know they need their body in good condition to stay actively engaged in their pursuits. They commit to a healthy life of diet & exercise and self-correct when things get off course.
8. Did I make people feel “good” today? Accomplishment without generosity & gratitude is hollow & sad. Incredibly successful people feel successful only when others share in the joy & credit of the accomplishments.
9. How can I make this more enjoyable? It’s nearly impossible to make everything fun, but nearly everything has the possibility of being fun for someone. And nearly everyone given the choice would like to enjoy what they do. Incredibly successful people always look for the fun in the day. They know how to smile and laugh and want to get the most from life each and every day.
Comments: Do you know any additional Questions to ask?